Wednesday, May 21, 2008

EarlyWord.com

Today in Shelf Awareness:

"How Libraries Buy: Librarians Reveal Their Methods for Collection Development, Saturday, May 31, 9:30-10:30 a.m. A panel of librarians will discuss how they buy books, what they're looking for, how publishers can best reach them and more. Moderated by Nora Rawlinson, founder of EarlyWord.com, the Publisher/Librarian Connection."

I was excited, until I took a look at EarlyWord.com. It's okay. Basically a clearing house of links and "how-tos" for beginner and/or non-MLS librarians. I was interested to see that they have a publisher-catalog links page. Then let down with their disclaimer, "This list is NOT in alpha order. Use “find on this page” to locate specific catalogs." To be fair, the sidebar links are alphabetized. I would love to see some programming and/or innovation in presentation on this site. Alphabetizing would be good, too. Of course, I'm not working as a librarian.

No comments: