Friday, February 15, 2008

Catch-up

During a month of flu and it's aftermath, I've read, but not blogged. Here's some of what I missed:

--An excellent essay on the future of the scholarly monograph by Colin Steele, Emeritus Fellow (Librarian), Australian National University, forwarded by Sandy Thatcher

--LJ Academic Newswire Newsmaker Interview: Student Open Access Activist Gavin Baker

--The NYTimes article on Twine, the data organizer. We'll see. I've tried CiteULike, and have used it inconsistently for the last 18 months or so. I have Zotero loaded at home and work, but until I'm able to use the two "as one" as promised, I don't see it working for the way I work. I have a third type downloaded at work, but it took so long to be "approved" for the BETA version, I lost enthusiasm and never installed it. I know, the three I've named aren't exactly the same types of programs, but realistically serve much the same function (similar to this blog, as a matter of fact).

--This posting to Academic Commons: A Day of Scholarly Communication: A NERCOMP SIG Event .

--And, yesterday, one of the many reports that Harvard is leading the way on open access.

Now back to learning a little JavaScript for my day job.

No comments: